Petya ransomware spreading globally
As you may have already heard, a massive ransomware attack known as “Petya” is spreading across the world, even as you read this.
Make sure you are protected against Petya, and other ransomware like WannaCry, by following these steps:
- Ensure your ESET software is on the latest version,
- Run ESET’s EternalBlue Vulnerability Checker to see whether your Windows operating system is updated against Petya.
- Make sure that your operating system is up to date and the latest patches are installed.
If you need eset on your Computer laptop tablet or Phone. Call Us on 0161 976 2450
How to Protect Yourself
Before you get infected
- Back up your pictures, videos and data
- Install the latest security updates and patches
- Try ESET Internet Security Free for 30 days
If you have suspicions
- Immediately turn off the affected computer
- Try System restore
- Set the BIOS clock back
- And in particular - Don't pay
Call Us on 0161 976 2450